Friday, 15 April 2011

National Cleavage Day – How the mind changes


A year ago I would have heard about National Cleavage Day (NCD) and immediately thought of boobs. Today when I heard that it was NCD, I did still think of boobs, only this time my mind went straight to Breast Cancer. My beloved Google does not give me too much insight as to whether there is any real contribution from NCD to breast cancer awareness. I have sent a mail to Wonderbra to find out about this but I have not yet received a reply.

Yes I do believe that this initiative, apart from just clever advertising is also a ‘celebration of woman’, and that breast cancer awareness has its own day or place. I am not advocating that NCD should be used to promote awareness of cancer but I do believe that NCD could have a huge financial ‘spin off’ for cancer awareness organisations. I am advocating that those who are still blessed with their female parts and those companies that benefit from those still blessed could use this day to show off ‘their assets’, all in favour of those who no longer have these assets.


No comments:

Post a Comment