Saturday, 02 April 2011

Cancer Awareness Items SA

I have been doing a web search for cancer awareness items especially items in the colour violet, yet I have found nothing of the sort in SA websites. I find it strange that in a country with a relatively high cancer rate, not to mention the AIDS epidemic, one would think that you would find a few shops or sites selling awareness items. When I look at the rest of the world it is amazing how many shops, sites and support groups they have. I have found some great shops in the USA and UK and some really nice items on Ebay. The really sad part of this dilemma is that the SA govt. does not really like us importing things that they believe can be made in SA. So needless to say I will be taxed with import duties by the revenue service for awareness items that no one makes in SA. Its a bit like being taxed for donating money to a worthy cause. Oh well, in the end of the day, its about getting a message across and not how much extra money our govt. can make.
A really great shop for shirts is cafepress.com as well as the hodgeshop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment